JOB TITLE: Caseworker
DEPARTMENT: SUPERVISED VISITATION PROGRAM
PRIMARY WORKSITE: Auburn and Canandaigua, NY
START DATE: Immediately
JOB FUNCTION: With the leadership support of the Director of Services, and as scheduled by the Coordinator of the Supervised Visitation Program, Caseworkers are responsible for providing supervised visitation in accordance with contract provisions.
HOURS: Per Diem Position
Case Management Services
- As assigned by the Coordinator of the Supervised Visitation Program work collaboratively with and the contractor to develop visitation plans (including but not limited to frequency, location, degree of supervision and participants).
- Prior review of the visitation plan and consultation with all those participating in the visitation, thereby actively engaged in promoting the well-being of the child.
- Provide necessary supervision and coaching or interactions of all adults/children with the child and staff member.
- Record detailed observations concerning the interactions of all adults/children with the child and staff member
- Parent Training
- Teach appropriate methods of discipline, coping, communication-skills, and child development in an effort to reduce child abuse.
- Participate, as requested, or initiate, case conferences with Dept. of Social Services staff, with school personnel and other service providers.
Supports Mission of the Agency
- Maintain records and reports necessary for good casework practice.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement efforts for the program and for the agency.
- Other duties as outlined in Position Description
EDUCATION: Associates Degree or 2 years of related experience; or Family Development Training & Credentialing (FDC) Program.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in human services. Knowledge of family and child welfare delivery systems, current parenting skills, and child development.
- Dependable car and valid driver’s license.
- Experience with computers and working knowledge of Microsoft WORD/EXCEL.
- Ability to be flexible, sensitive to and supportive of the needs of others.
- Willingness to travel and to attend evening meetings.
- Ability to understand the concept of “mandated reporter,” and is diligent in reporting situations to the proper authorities when children may be at risk for abuse and/or neglect.
RATE OF PAY: To be discussed at interview
Send résumés to: Rhonda Zettlemoyer, Director of Administrative Services
94 Exchange Street, Geneva, NY 14456
email: Rhonda.email@example.com FAX: 315.789.5785
POSTING DATE: April 18, 2018